- J.K.S.Sachan, M.S.Ramesha, V.V.Pandit and Vinita Lakkawar.Clonal micropropogation in Zea. Advances in Plant Biotechnology and Biochemistry eds. M.L.Lodha , S.L.Mehta , S.Ramagopal and G.P.Srivastava.(1993)
- J.K.S.Sachan, M.S.Ramesha, P.Gayen and Vinita Lakkawar. Amphidiploid theory of Maize origin - revised . Maize Genet. Newslett.(1994)
- S.Dash, P.Gayen, Vinita Lakkawar and J.K.S.Sachan. Centromeric fusion and knob fusion in Maize. Maize Genet.Newslett.(1994)
- Vinita Lakkawar and O.P.Govila. Inheritance of grain colour in pearlmillet (Pennisetum glaucum) Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding (1998) 58 (2) : 223-224
- Vinita Lakkawar-Gotmare and O.P.Govila (1999). Gene effects for grajn characters in Pearlmillet (Pennisetum glaucum) Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding 59 (3) : 301-308.
- Punit Mohan, G.Balasubramani, J.Amudha, V.Gotmare and P.Ramasundaram (2001)Advancement of Biotechnology in Indian Agriculture and Apprehensions over intellectual property rights regime. Advances in Plant Sciences(14)1-6.
- S. Kranthi, KR Kranthi, V. Gotmare, RR Wanjari and SK Banerjee(2003) Effect of imidochlrpid on Allelochemicals and oviposition by Helicoverpa armigera on a cotton hybrid.. Journal of the Indian society for Cotton improvement vol.27(3) pp. 160-165
- Amudha, J., G.Balasubramani, M. K. Meshram, V. Gotmare and C.D.Mayee. 2003. Molecular characterization of gene introgression for bacterial blight (Xanthomonas campestris) resistance in cotton, Plant Cell Biotechnology and Molecular Biology. 4(3&4):131-136.
- Vinita Gotmare, P.Singh , C D Mayee, V Deshpande and C.Bhagat(2004). Genetic studies on seed oil index and seed index in some wild species and perrinial races of Cotton.Plant Breeding 23, 207-208
- B. Ashok Dongre, T. Vilas Parkhi, , J.Santosh Gahukar, Vinita Gotmare and Charudutt Mayee(2004) Genetic variability and evolutionary basis revealed by RAPD markers among the wild species of Gossypium.Asian Journal of Microbiological Biotech Envi. Sci. Vol.6 No (1):77-82 .
- Vinita Gotmare and Phundan Singh (2004). Use of Wild species for Cotton Improvement in India. ICAC Recorder September 2004, pp 12-14.
- Hebbar K B , PP Gokulpure, VV Singh , V Gotmare , N K Perumal and P Singh (2005) Species and Genotypic response of Cotton ( Gossypium species ) to salinity. The Indian Journal of Agri. Sciences. 75(6) : 441-444.
- B M Khadi, V Santhy, I S Kategeri and V. Gotmare (2007) Five loculed G. arboretum cotton. – CICR News letter Vol 23 No. 3 pg 5.
- Vinita Gotmare , B m Khadi, Punit Mohan and Prafulla Raut (2008) Introduction of G.darwinii ( AD5) a tetraploid wild species of Gossypium in India. CICR Newsletter Vol 24 No1 pg 2 .
- S Vennila, R M Lokhande, Vinita Gtomare and BM Khadi (2008). JTCH 1104 – A genetic stock of G. hirsutum with higher compensation for bollworm damage. CICR Newsletter Vol 24 No1 pg 2 .
- Vinita Gotmare, and M. Rafiq Chaudhry (2009). Cotton Breeding and Seed Production in India. ICAC Recorder VOL. XXVII No. 4 December 2009 pgs 15-1
- Punit Mohan , Vinita Gotmare and T P Rajendran (2009) Thespesia lampas (Linn.) – A close wild relative of Gossypium. CICR Newsletter Vol 25 No3 pg 3 .
- BT Campball, S Saha, R Percy, J Frelichowski, J Jenkins, W Park, C. Mayee, V Gotmare , D Dissauw, M Giband, X Du, Y Jia, G Constable , S. Dillon, I Y Abdukarimov, S M Rizaev, A A Abdullaev, PAV Barroso, J G Padua , L V Hoffmann and L Podolnaya (2010) Status of the Global Cotton Germplasm Resources. Crop Science Vol 50,July-August 2010 pp 1161-1179
- Arunita Rakshit, S Rakshit, V Santhy, V P Gotmare, P Mohan, VV Singh, S Singh , HS Balyan, P K Gupta and S R Bhat (2010) Evaluation of SSR markers for the assessment of genetic Diversity and fingerprinting of Gossypium hirsutum accessions.J. Plant biochemistry & Biotechnology Vol. 19(2), 153-160
- Vinita Gotmare , BN Tule and P. Singh (2000). Wild and cultivated species of Cotton. Technical Bulletin # 5 , Published bv the Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur
- Kapas sudhar mein jungli jatiyon ki bhumika. Vinita Gotmare, Phundan Singh, Chetali Bhagat, Vinay Deshpande, RV Salame and BN Tule. Smarika, Rashtriya Kisan Mela, pp 27, held at Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur on 5th December 2003.
- • Bharat mein ugayee jane vali kapas ki sudharan/sudharit ayum sankar kisme.
Phundan Singh , Punit Mohan ,VV Singh , Dinesh Agrawal , TR Lokanathan , Suman Bala Singh , Vinita Gotmare , Shivaji Palve ayum Vinay Deshpande.
Smarika, Rashtriya Kisan Mela, held at Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur on 16th October 2005.
Papers presented in Conferences/symposium :
- M.S.Kairon, R.Kothandaraman and Vinita Lakkawar-Gotmare. Maintenance and utilization of wild species of Gossypium. Paper presented at the Technical Seminar in Bolivia on October 15, 1998.
- M.S.Kairon, P.Singh and Vinita Lakkawar-Gotmare. Breeding for improvement of fibre quality in Cotton. Paper presented at National Seminar on , " The scenerio of Cotton and blended textile."April 24, 1998
- Vinita Gotmare .“Maintenance and utilization of Species of Gossypium” , poster presented in the Diamond Jubilee Symposium on “Hundred years of Post-Mendelian Genetics and Plant Breeding – Retrospect and Prospects ” from Novem,ber 6-9,2001 at IARI, New Delhi.
- SS Narayanan, VV Singh, Punit Mohan and Vinita Gotmare. Germplasm and its utilization in cotton improvement - Retrospect and Prospects.. National Symposium on “ Changing World Order – Cotton Research, Development and Policy in context. August 10-122,2004 held atb Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, 500 030.
- Vinita Gotmare; V.V.Singh; V.Deshpande and Chetali Bhagat “Wild species of cotton and their utilization in India.” International Cotton Genome initiative-2004 Workshop, Hyderabad, India, October 10-13, 2004.
- Vinita Gotmare and Phundan Singh(2005). Introgressive hybridization for improvement of fibre quality trait. Lead Paper In the National Symposium of Fibre Quality Traits in Cotton held at the Central Institute for Cotton Research, Nagpur on February 15th ,.
- Lead Paper presented on “ Role of Polyploidy in Cotton “ – Dr. B M Khadi and Vinita Gotmare at the Second National Plant Breeding in Post genomics Era .March 1-3, 2006 .
- Attended Indian Science Congress at Hyderabad on 3rd and 4th of January, 2006
- Presented a paper on “Testing purity of GM cotton varieties and hybrids at the National Training on Seed Quality Regulation and seed Health Testing” Organised by Seed Research and Training Centre , Varanasi from 18 – 22 February 2008
- Papers presented at the National Seminar on Second Green Revolution Necessity or Compulsion? held at ARS , Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Adilabad from 19 to 21 October 2008 at the Technical Session 1 - Crop Improvement – Conventional and molecular approaches : Role of conventional approaches at present and in future tilted :
• Genetic improvement through Introgression of useful genes in cultivated Cotton in India - Vinita Gotmare and B M Khadi - Oral
• Cotton germplasm resources in India - Punit Mohan, V.V. Singh, Vinita Gotmare and Harish Kumbhalkar- Oral
• Vegetative propagation of the wild cotton germplasm. – Vinita Gotmare - Poster
- Oral presention of a paper on “Conservation and maintainence of wild species , races of cultivated species and synthetic polyploids of Gossypium in India” at the World Biodiversity Congress held at Hotel Empress, Chiang Mai, Thailand , March 11-13 , 2009
- Oral presentation of Invited paper titled “ Risk assessment of outcrossing of BNBt with wild and related species of Gossypium - Vinita Gotmare“ made at the National Symposium on Bt – Cotton : Opportunities and Prospects held at CICR , Nagpur during November 17-19,2009
- Poster presentation at the National Symposium on Recent Developments in the management of Plant Genetic Resources held at NBGPR, New Delhi during December 17 – 18, 2009 tilted ,”A rare interspecific hybrid between species of secondary and tertiary gene pool of Gossypium [ G. anomalum and G. stocksii]” – Vinita Gotmare , Madhorao Katre, PK Chakrabarty and K R Kranthi
- Oral Presentaion of a paper on “ Thermo Sensitive Genetic Male Sterility in Desi Cotton ( G. arboretum) – V Santhy, SM Palve, SR Baht, Vinita Gotmare and Sonali Virkhed” at the Seed Science Congresshld at BP Pal Auditorium , IARI, New Delhi during 18-20 January 2010
Lecture notes: “ National Cotton Gene Bank and its role in Cotton improvement ”- VV Singh , Punit Mohan and Vinita Gotmare in the Compendium of Lectures for the International Training Program on Cotton Production and Value Addition held at CICR, Nagpur during November 17 – 29, 2008.
Training / Meetings attended:
- Training course on “ Techniques in Plant Genetic Engineering” under the auspices Team of Excellence Project on Human Resource Development in Plant Genetic Engineering and Molecular Breeding soponsored by National Agricultural Technology Project (ICAR) from February 26yh to March 18th , 2001 at National Research Centre on Plant Biotechnology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute , New Delhi.
- “Development oriented Biotechnology” from 26th May to 27th June, 2003 in Zschortau near Leipzig, Federal Republic of Germany.
- Winter School on “ Recent advance in chromosomes manipulation for increasing production and transfer of inbuilt resistance to biotic and abiotic stresses” at MPKV Rahuri from 8th –28th November, 2005.
- Training of FAO sponsored Project attended at NBPGR, New Delhi“,Establishment of Information Sharing Mechanism for monitoring the Implementation of Global Plan of Action (GPA) for Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture”; 22nd Nov, 2004 & 24th & 25th Jan,2005.
- Second round of Meeting of FAO sponsored Project attended at NBPGR, New Delhi“,Establishment of Information Sharing Mechanism for monitoring the Implementation of Global Plan of Action (GPA) for Conservation and Sustainable Utilization of Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture” on 23rd & 24th Nov, 2005
- Workshop on Agricultural Biotechnology: Advance Tissue Culture Techniques for Crop Improvement. February 21-27, 2007, The Energy Resource Institute (TERI), New Delhi.
- Attended Capacity Building Programme on Intellectual Property Protection and Technology Licensing in Agriculture under Indo- US Agricultural Knowledge Initiation at Kerela Agriculture University ( February 18 – 20 , 2008)
- Attended Regional workshop on management and monitoring of Field Trials of genetically modified crops on 28th March ,2008 at CICR, Nagpur organized jointly by DBT , Ministry of Science & Technology , Ministry of Environment & Forest , GOI in association with Biotech Consortium India Ltd , New Delhi.
- Attended a Training Program on Intellectual Property Rights and Related WTO Issues conducted by Consumer Unity & Trust Society , Jaipur from 3 – 7 November 2008
- Attended an International Training Program on Cotton Production and Value Addition held at CICR, Nagpur during November 17 – 29, 2008.
- Attended one day National Seminar on Intellectual Property Rights at National Institute for Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM), Nagpur on the 30th of May, 2008.
- Punjabrao Deshmukh Gold Medal by Punjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeth for securing highest Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination (1988-89)
- ASPEE Gold Medal for secoring highest combined percentage of marks in the subject of Entomology and Plant Pathology B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination (1988-89)
- Late Renurao alias Annasaheb Patil Saikhedkar Gold Medal for highest CGPA in the subject of Plant Pathology at B.Sc. (Agri.) degree examination (1988-89)
- Smt. Vimlabai Deshmukh Silver medal among female candidates at B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination(1988-89).
- Shri. G.K.Vaidya Silver Medal for highest CGPA at B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination (1988-89)
- Shri. Mehere Brothers Cash prize for highest CGPA at B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination (1988-89) CGPA at B.Sc.(Agri.) degree examination (1988-89)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Funds Award for scoring First Position at Graduate level among all four Agricultural Universities of Maharashtra in 1988-89.
- Junior Research Fellowship by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute for M.Sc.(Genetics).
- Senior Research Fellowship by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute for PhD.
- JRF in Life Science under CSIR Fellowship Scheme (1991)
- National Elligibility Certificate (NET) and ARS (Plant Breeding) in 1993 awarded by Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), New Delhi.
- National Elligibility Certificate (NET) and ARS (Genetics) in 1994 awarded by Agricultural Scientist Recruitment Board (ASRB), New Delhi.
- Best Paper Award for oral presentation of the paper tilted “Genetic improvement through Introgression of useful genes in cultivated Cotton in India” - Vinita Gotmare and B M Khadi at the National Seminar on Second Green Revolution – Necessity or Compulsion? held at ARS , Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Adilabad from 19 to 21 October 2008 at the Technical Session 1 - Crop Improvement – Conventional and molecular approaches : Role of conventional approaches at present and in future.
Thesis evaluated :
- Shri. Nagappa Harijan : M.Sc (Genetics & Plant Breeding) UAS ., Dharwad report submitted on 23.4.2001
Title : “Genetic analysis of seed and oil related traits in cotton (Gossypium spp.) ”
- Shri Raveendra Soddi : Ph.D (Genetics & Plant Breeding) UAS ., Dharwad , report submitted on 02.5.2001
Title: Stability, Combining ability and Heterosis studies in Male Sterile based three way tetraploid cotton hybrids.
- Shri. P Chandra Sekhar Reddy M.Sc report submitted on 19.1.2006
Title: Heterosis , Combining ability studies for yield and molecular confirmation of fertility restoration in Cotton.
Registration of Genetic Stocks:
- Registered two introgressed genotypes (2008) with Plant Germplasm Registration Committee of Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi ( July 2008) namely:
- MSH SP 91 ( INGR 08092) – a tetraploid introgressed genotype with zero monopodia suitable for machine picking
- MSH 345 (INGR 08093) – a tetraploid introgressed genotype showing cleistogamous flowers
Membership of ProfessionaL Societies / Bodies –
- Indian society of Plant Genetic Resources , New Delhi
- Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding
- Indian Society for Cotton Improvement
- International Cotton Genome Initiative
- Member of Institute Management Committee, CICR, Nagpur from 23.6.2007 till date.
- Member of the monitoring team and Visited villages Zari, Rumna, Sarpimpri, Taluka Parbhani, Dsitrict Parbhani and villages Biloli Taluka Parbhani, Nawadndi , Bedi (Bk), PAtodi, Naigaon, Taluka Naigaon, District Nanded as a Team Member of the Committee constituted for Central India in connection with the assessment of performance of BNBt cotton and Bt NHH44 in seed production plots and farmers fields taken up by MSSCL on 5.10.2009.
- Resource person for the the training of Group D Staff ( Non-Matric/ Non ITI) as per 6th CPC notification and order of the ICAR and delivered a lecture on “Research Project formulation”on 27.5.09
- Member of the Selection Committee for appointment to post of Senior Research fellow under ‘OUTRECH PROJECT ON PHYTOPHTHORA, FUSARIUM AN RALSTONIA DISEASES OF HORTICULTUREAL AND FELD CROPS AND SUBPROJECT ON PHYYTOPHTHRA CITRUS’ at National Research Centre for Citrus meeting held on 25.4.09.