Academic Qulaification :
- Ph.D. (Molecular Biology and Biotechnology),IARI, New Delhi,2010
Thesis title: “Transcriptome analysis of cotton during boll development”
- M.Sc.(Ag) (Plant Biotechnology) UAS, Bangalore,2005
- B.Sc.(Ag.) Agricultural College,VC Farm, Mandya, UAS, Bangalore,2003
- Gold medal in Ph.D at IARI, 2010 for “Outstanding academic performance”
- IARI, Senior Research fellowship, 2006-2009
- University Merit fellowship, 2004-05, UAS Bangalore.
Training In India:
- 85 th Foundation Course for Agricultural Research Management(FOCARS),NAARM, Hyderabad , Feb 2010 to June 2010
- Work shop on Quantitative Real time PCR, Sept 25-26, 2008, Genetic Biotech Asia(P)Ltd, Newdelhi
- Taught course and Workshop on “Molecular marker Techniques for crop improvement part II Genetic Mapping, 7-23 rd Nov 2005, Department of Biotechnology ,UAS, Bangalore in association with Kirkhouse Trust and John Innes Centre, UK.
Research area and projects:
- Principal Investigator: “Isolation and identification of seed specific promoter and gossypol synthesis genes for silencing through RNA interference” funded by DBT under ResearchGrant for Young Investigator Scheme.2010-2013(11.55 lakhs)
Publication / abstracts:
- Raghavendra K.P, Phanindra M.L.V, Kiran Kumar B, Dhandapani G and P. Ananda Kumar, 2010. Isolation of Differentially Expressed Genes during Bud Stage of Cotton Boll Development Using Suppression Subtractive Hybridization and cDNA Macroarray, Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology (Communicated)
Papers presented in seminars/conferences:
- Raghavendra K.P, Leela Sahijram, Ravishankar,K.V, jaya.R.Soneji, and Seevalli.Y, 2006, Development of seedless grape hybrids using embryo rescue technique and molecular confirmation of hybrids using ISSR markers ,papers presented in international conference on biotechnological approaches to alleviating mal nutrition and health , Jan 9-12TH GKVK, Bangalore
- K.V.Ravishankar,AthaniVasanthkumar,S.Preethi, K.P.Raghavendra ,A.Rekha and Lalitha Anand, 2006, Isolation of Microsatellite from Musa balbisiana and Development of STMS Markers for Banana Genome Analysis, national symposium on molecular breeding in crop plants, March 20-21, Indian Institute of Vegetable Research , Varnasi.